- This event has passed.
Lab on the Run: Getting Started with Mobile Learning (February Chapter Meeting)
February 25, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Special Note: Dinner is included with meeting and will be served from 5:00-5:30pm. Program will begin at 5:30.
Perhaps you have heard some of the following in your workplace learning discussions about mobile:
- Mobile learning just means HTML5, right?
- Mobile really isn’t that important to me because I’m an instructional designer. I let the developers worry about that part.
- I have <insert your favorite rapid development tool here> and it works with mobile devices, so I feel pretty good about mobile.
- I have been playing around with mobile, but it really hasn’t taken off in our organization yet.
Take an hour to immerse yourself in the world of mobile learning! Learn what you need to know about current state of mobile learning and how to begin taking steps to prepare for the future.
In this session, you will learn:
- What mobile is… and what it isn’t
- Mobile terminology & buzz words
- Strategic considerations
- Mobile design & development principles, practices, and tools
- Considerations for implementation and security
Be prepared to “drink from the firehose” of mobile learning. Participants will leave this session with a basic foundation to understanding the mobile space. This session is designed to be relevant to most roles in workforce development, from management to instructional design and development.